Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie here, please help with LCD screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel

HI everyone

I just joined this great community yesterday, and will read and post here from now on! =)

Basically what I want to know is has anyone here hooked up any of those 10-13" LCDs on ebay that come just as the LCD panel, without any wires etc. I'm pretty sure there should be quite an easy way to do it, but just want to know if anybody here has figured it out, and if so, how?

An example would be item number 3030168235 on ebay

Thanks

Pavel

Although No, I have never worked with displays (yet... heh heh heh... planning on building an opti-wand, a optical wand that can be slid under doors and display on a screen without being seen)

I'd definately be careful with buying on E-bay, and especially when it comes to new or bad sellers, I'd stay with people who have 0% negative feedback.

And I did notice the guy from the auction you posted, had negative feedback, and he chose to hide his comment history, noting that he may have totally ripped someone off.

Also it did seem to have 2 wire connections on the side, looked like light pink and light green, on the left, near the bottom bracket.

Anyway my point is this, I'd suggest sticking with stuff from catalogs until you know what you're looking for and how to put it together.

Don't buy what you don't know kinda deal here, especially with something as expensive as a LCD screen.

As much as I enjoy flaming ebay :) this wasn't the point of the post! :D

How do people hook up those LCD's without the casing and all the other connectors? =)

Thanks

Pavel

LCD or coffee mat ?

So if you buy one of these you only have to work out what it is...
Could it be the same as the one I just ripped out of a dead laptop computer?
(Sony screen, Compaq laptop).
All I can find out about mine is that it is 6 bit digital RGB - no idea yet on which pin is which :cry: Info on these things is hard to get.
I can tell you the wires dangling out of the side of it are for backlighting :!:

It impresses visitors when they see it at the back of the bench though :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back