Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingsley

I'm sorry if this is a popular asked topic... but I'm having a bit of trouble..

I need some sort of relay, to have a current between 1 and 2 volts trigger another battery into sending more power through a circuit...

Whats the easiest way to achieve this?

Thanks so much in advance

A one volt relay is a bit of a rare bird. You'll probably need a transistor. Give some details and you'll get better answers.

I'd like to make a remote firework starter for 4th of july this weekend...

I have a set of two cheap walkie talkies.. Pressing the horn or alarm button sends the signal to the other.. and the highest amount of volts it reaches is around 1.4

I desoldered the wires and the speaker, so I have the two leads from one walkie talkie sticking out..

For ignition, steel wool wrapped around a match head to make a DIY fire starter. But I need around 9v to achieve the steel wool ignition.

So a relay to send more juice through the current would be needed.. I have a big 9v rechargeable cell I'll be using to achieve this.. mounted pretty in a project box.

Last edited:
It goes kind of like this picture. Use a pair of 1n4001 to 1n4007 diodes to make sure you have DC. Limit that with a 10 ohm resistor and feed it to a small NPN transistor. Nearly any transistor will do. 2n2222 or 2n3906 or is that the 2n3904 that is an NPN?
Then limit the firing current with another 10 ohm resistor so you don't smoke the transistor. You can get a pair of 10 ohm, 10 watt resistors in one package at Radio Shack while you're buying the diode and a transistor. This will deliver most of an amp to the victim.

Darn. Where's the picture? This site doesn't like .TIF's

Attachments

• untitled3.PNG
    untitled3.PNG
    48.2 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back