Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie - help me identify this circuit board for replacement or repair please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blubarb

I have a watch winder called a WOLF Viceroy and one of the turning drums isn't rotating. At first I thought it was the the motor but on swapping the motors to a different board it was functioning. The control board (as seen by the LED) is receiving power and seems to do everything it should other than begin the rotating process. It seems that the motor is not being recognised by the unit. My thinking is to try and find a replacement control (which I believe the company refers to as a 2.7 Module) but I don't know what I should be looking for. Can anyone assist me identify the mainboard and let me know if a replacement is at all possible? Unfortunately the company wants an exorbitant amount for repair and shipping back to the European manufacturer from Australia is exorbitant. I would like to track the problem myself but I have just about forgotten anything I learnt from my decades ago in electronics, but I am prepared to pick up my multimeter and give it a go. :)

20230107_084533.jpg

20230107_084316.jpg

Last edited:
but on swapping the motors to a different board it was functioning.
As you have a working board then start by tracing the power rails and work from there.
Do you have a scope?

Mike.
BTW, where in Australia are you?

I don't know whether to be shocked or impressed by the prices that those watch winders sell for, given how cheaply they are made.

The first things that I would check are the switches and buttons, as those are things that can easily fail due to contact corrosion and are reasonably easy to replace. Behind the plastic knobs or buttons will be some circuit mounted switches which can be unsoldered and replaced.

I recently did that for a DAB radio that was kept near the sea, and the buttons went intermittent after 10 years or so.

You have 3 similar or equal circuit sections. Compare voltages/signals/resistances from the working to the non-working sections with supreme care not to slip the probes and short-circuit any pins ! Sharpen the probes to pierce the solder pads, or you may destroy what is left working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back