Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newark sets up shop in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I've taken a look at the link you've provided.
Their logo looks an aweful lot like the **broken link removed** logo. There might be some connection. Nonetheless though, it's always good to get more electrical suppliers "down here", all we really have is Jaycar, Altronics, Farnell and RS Australia.

Any Australians reading this, I haven't included Dick Smith, as I believe in the last few years they have changed their aim more towards consumer electronics and have got rid of their hobbiest/engineer supply like they used to.

Edit:
Haha, I just realised it says right there "A Premier Farnell Company".

That should and probably will be useful. Always good to have competition.

Mike.

Good old American Newark Electronics is also a Premier Farnell company now.

Dick Smith sells used old car parts and old war surplus electronic parts (which war?).

This is indeed excellent news... dealing with other distributors in Australia is incredibly frustrating. I've had to send a BOM in as a spreadsheet, only to receive a reply as a fax or PDF.... and without being able to "search" their linecard for equivalents etc.

Thanks for letting me know - just had a browse and it's fab. Dick Smith, Altronics and Jaycar all have *extremely* limited ranges, sigh.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back