Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New User: INCHWORM+ - OS Download Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwssr

Hi,

I have just received and constructed an ICHWORM+ and a UNICORN.

When I "connect" the INCHWORM in MPLAB (V8.10), the OS download starts and shortly, presents the error below. I have the FIFO disabled and the voltages appear to all be correct.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auto-connect not enabled - Not connecting (Try enabling auto-connect on the ICD2 settings pages.)
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2 ...Connected
ICDWarn0030: MPLAB ICD2 is about to download a new operating system. If MPLAB IDE is just starting, it will appear to "hang" at the splash screen. Please be patient. MPLAB IDE will finish it's intialization after the OS is downloaded. (Note: You may wish to select to ignore this warning in the future.)
Downloading Operating System
ICD0152: Failed to read all of requested bytes (0x0 of 0x8) ...Download Operating System Failed
ICD0152: Failed to read all of requested bytes (0x0 of 0x2)
ICD0082: Failed MPLAB ICD 2 operation
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

Last edited:
This error means the ICD2 was seen by MPLAB but an OS fail usually indicates a problem with the RS232 port handshaking.

Some notes:
You must use COM1 or COM2
You must reboot after changing the FIFOs to OFF
USB to RS232 adapters may not function, very few (Edgeports are perfect) have decent emulation.

This error means the ICD2 was seen by MPLAB but an OS fail usually indicates a problem with the RS232 port handshaking.

Some notes:
You must use COM1 or COM2
You must reboot after changing the FIFOs to OFF
USB to RS232 adapters may not function, very few (Edgeports are perfect) have decent emulation.

Hi Bill,

I am using COM1, FIFO's are off, not using an adapter. I have used the same cable/port with a PICStart Plus clone and BASIC Stamps without issue.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated! I would really like to get this working.

Thanks,
Paul

The cable for the Inchworm is simply an all pinned DB9 male - female straight through. Hmm in a pinch I've connected the Inchworm directly to the serial port on a PC (you have to remove the hexnuts on the DB9)

All fixed!! With Bill's coaching, got everything unraveled and both Inchworm+ and Unicorn are working fine.

Very nice products!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back