Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to PIC's and programming them? - this might help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gramo

Just made my first real life video tutorial, delves into;

• Electronic hardware requirements
  • Development tools
  • How to find basic information in datasheets
  • Using Swordfish
  • Using PICKit 2 Software & Hardware
  • Constructing and using circuits on breadboards
  • and heaps of other little things along the way :eek:

I do assume a little bit of electronics knowledge - eg, reading circuit diagrams - because I'm guessing if someone has the knowledge to Google "Intro To PIC's" then they know something about basic electronics...

Your feedback is welcome!

Watch it here
**broken link removed**

Its a 37MB download - I couldn't justify anymore quality loss given the nature of the video. But its only a few minutes with cable/adsl

Last edited:
Hi Gramo,

Very good practical tutorial, well done, think a lot of beginners will find this very helpful.

Think you could easily expand it into a series of lessons.

A couple of things that may help:-

The circuit diagram of the regulator and pic - could not see a +5v connection to the pic - just the 10k to mclre.

Although you show the complete breadboard led flasher, its too distant to see the actual wires / layout - some close up stills will give newcomers a better idea of breadboard layouts.

Think you could also include a section on Assembler so beginners can see how both languages work, and make their choice.

Also might be better if you had the option to download the whole file, or smaller files covering each of your sections. A lot of people still only have dial up.

Hope that helps and that you will continue your good work and produce more practical tutorials, sure its worthy of its own little web site.

Regards

Richard

Good work.

You beat me to the punch :)

I have but working on a C based instructional videos.

These are the tools I have been using
ULEAD videoEditor
CAMSTUDIO
Audacity

For me getting clean audio has been a bit difficult

Thanks guys

Your right though, I do "one two skip a few" on the breadboard construction - but thats only because I assume a "little" knowledge in wiring diagrams and circuit development.

Oh, the power leads - yeah, I explain about those during the simulation part. They are not shown on my sim software, but I identify them on the datasheet and talk about them at the end on the breadboard... Proteus "assumes" that the end user will connect power pins on any digital component correctly, and in return hides them and makes them un-joinable if made visible.... :rolleyes:

3v0 said:
Good work.

You beat me to the punch :)

I have but working on a C based instructional videos.

These are the tools I have been using
ULEAD videoEditor
CAMSTUDIO
Audacity

For me getting clean audio has been a bit difficult

Thanks 3v0, I too have had issues with audio clarity - but decided that it added that hobbiest DIY factor to it :eek:

colin mac said:
Good video. I don't have much criticism to add.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back