Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

new to pics and i did read the newcomers thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

normad

hey im studying away from home and im relying on my laptop for everything.. it kinda doesnt have any serial or parallel ports (acer 4740G) :S only usb.. i couldnt find any easy to build pic usb programer in the newcomers thread's links..
can someone please help me.. im quite familiar with C and the programming itself seems to be easy enough.. but im having trouble finding a low cost programmer to build and choosing the correct pic.. sos :)

thanks in advance

Last edited:
hey im studying away from home and im relying on my laptop for everything.. it kinda doesnt have any serial or parallel ports (acer 4740G) :S only usb.. i couldnt find any easy to build pic usb programer in the newcomers thread's links..
can someone please help me.. im quite familiar with C and the programming itself seems to be easy enough.. but im having trouble finding a low cost programmer to build and choosing the correct pic.. sos :)

thanks in advance

The Sticky does need updating regarding programmers, has been mentioned before but no one seems to do it ..?

For a USB diy programmer just search on Piickit2 Lite - be aware though that it need to have its micro programmed to allow it to work.

Buying a Microchip Pickit2 is probably a better option if you want to get going the easy way.

Reactions: 3v0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back