Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New (to me) scope

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Penguin

I've been "getting by" with my Hitachi V-212 20 mhz analog scope for a long time. Ever since reading the reviews and hackability of the inexpensive Rigols, I've wanted one.
I asked for one for Christmas 2 years ago from Mrs. Penguin, and gave her the website of a reputable Chinese reseller, but nope. didn't happen.
2 years later and I thought about it, and realized I hadn't needed or used a scope since asking for it. But then in the last 2 weeks have I needed a scope 3 times.
Once was at work, so I had to pry my Hitachi out of the spot on my bench and schlep it to the office. Ok now I need a smaller ligher scope :)
As luck would have it, on a whim, I did a search on Kijiji for Rigol, and happened upon someone selling a 50mhz 1052E (hacked to a 1102E 100mhz ) for a reasonable price, so I nabbed it.
Used it yesterday, though my Hitachi probably would have done fine, I didn't have to think (hmm 1v per division, is it a 10x probe? ok, so is it 5v? count the divisions and multiply bah, who needs it) I just looked at the waveform and read the measurement. :) Love it!

Well found.
You dont want to be lugging a great thing around with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back