Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to electronics....

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronjk0406

ok well im new to electronics and this site but i was wonderin what are some good beginer projects. I went to radio shack the other day and got a bunch of resistors, 25 ohm resonator, bunch of transitors, i have speakers, buzers, LEDs, IR LED, infared reciever...stuff like that...wat r some good proects that i can make wit this :confused:

One of my favorite projects back in high school was the "colour organ". This is a device that connects to your stereo amp and translates the sound into various channels of light. There might be one channel for bass, one for low midrange, one for high midrange and one channel for treble ranges. The outputs are line voltage sockets, one for each channel that you plug incandescent lamps into. We used to plug various colours of christmas lights into this device and then play music real loud. A very entertaining effect. Here is a few circuits:

http://www.discovercircuits.com/C/color-org.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back