Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New To Electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baske7Cas3

Hello everyone, I am new to electronics so I was wondering if anyone could said me a link or two to like a beginners circuit board project, or just basic information about circuit boards and how they are put together so I can begin to understand them more since I know almost all projects use them. Though I do not know how easy it is I was wondering if making an LED circuit board with all the LED's flashing in patterns or what not would be a good place to start. I would also appreciate any other links you guys might have that could help me get started in electronics. I also have one more question, is there anyway to put a picture in your signature? It appears that there isn't but I thought I would ask anyways.

Hello again things... Thx for that link, it explains a lot of about how the circuit boards are created but no so much about "how" they work. For example, when I see people always explaining what parts to get for a certain circuit board/schematic, they always put like R1 and all these different things in front, and I think those have to do with circuit board(but maybe not lol). In other words I want to know more about how they are set up and how people know were to put certain parts and whatnot. I think they are called breadboards or something (the blank circuit boards, or thats what they look like) and people seem to use these a lot for projects so I just want to get the fundamentals for creating circuits on these breadboards.

I also got my camera shocker thing working.

the values like "R1" refer to components, for example, r1 could mean resistor 1. yes lots of people use "breadbords" for experimental work, since you can easily replace\change components, and it's much easier than making a pcb or joint to joint soldering. congrats on the shocker!!!;)

Hi,
You can't put a picture in your signature. It will be ended up with only its link, just like mine :)

Thx bananasiong, I had a feeling you couldn't, and is your name spelled wrong on purpose? im just curious. Ya thing, it was pretty cool I got a disposable camera and this time there was no magic smoke, but I do have two questions about it, number one is if I were to put the shock through a transformer would it be to strong? and also, it isn't an automatic flash charger, I have to push the metal thing on the bottom to charge it, but is there anyway I can take that metal thing off an do it by a switch somehow? I am not sure how it works so I have no clue at all, but if I could find a way to take of the little metal button that charges the capacitor and replace it with a switch that can have a little bit of distance to it, it would make it a lot easier. By distance I mean have something connected to it through a wire or something, then it would be a lot easier to charge the flash when I set it up in a case.

i think if you pulse the capacitor through the transformer, it would create a higher voltage. yes i guess you could extend the switch

hmmm... have u seen the switch before? I dont even know how it works. I mean, you push the metal button down and im sure it just creates a connection between the paths, but how would u extend that? I also think there are 3 connections it makes when you push it down, or so it appears. I guess if that is how it works then you could just get a switch with an on/off toggle with two prongs and have two of the the connections going to one prong and the third to the last one then just flip it on to charge, but this is all speculation I have no clue how the actual button works on the circuit. If you know, could u please explain?

does the button just look like a little peice of metal? if there is more than one contact under the switch, just short them all together with a switch

wow sorry about that, my power went out lol. Yes, the button is a 3 sided piece of metal but at the corners its not sharp tipped, they are flattened/rounded and on each tip they are touching a metal piece below. and to charge it I push it down and then when I let go it pops back up. And there is a little piece of tape over it.

why did your power go out:confused: is it windy:D when i go to school tommorow, my science friend has alot of camera flash boards, i'll have a look at one of his. when he did bring one in though, i saw a little metal button on the bottom of the board. i have a big suprise or my science teacher and him (a flyback)big arcs:D :D :D :D

Hey... I didn't know what a flyback was so I looked it up and its one of the strong transformers from a CRT... where did you get yours from? a broken tv? and sorry it took so long for me to reply... it used to send me emails whenever I got a message and since im on MSN I always got it, but it does not send them anymore. That would be great if you could see one of your friends flash boards. But hey, thx again for your help, but I have to go to bed so I will talk to you tomorrow.

I have abunch of links in my signature. I think I am notorious for it :D

Baske7Cas3 said:
Yes you do have a lot of links lol... Do you have any idea as to why you cannnot put pictures in your signature?

Presumably the boards software doesn't allow it?, or it's a feature that's been turned off - probably quite wisely?.

Yes, I agree that it would probably be a wiser decision to have it turned off, but for some people they really enjoy being able to put a picture or two in their signature, though it is probably not worth the trouble of filtering out adult content or any mature content for that matter.

Baske7Cas3 said:
Yes, I agree that it would probably be a wiser decision to have it turned off, but for some people they really enjoy being able to put a picture or two in their signature, though it is probably not worth the trouble of filtering out adult content or any mature content for that matter.

You can put a picture in the sidebar, if you like. IMHO .sig pictures visually chop up the message list. But then, I still prefer usenet in text mode for reading, so hey. :)

Torben

By sidebar I assume you mean underneath your name of the left hand side, that is called an avatar... and I guess if I really wanted to have a picture in my sig then i could always do something like this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Picture inserted here"

But I dont think the site owner would like that very much.

Baske7Cas3 said:
By sidebar I assume you mean underneath your name of the left hand side, that is called an avatar...

Yes. Yes, it is.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back