Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark73777

Hello I am completely new to this world...
i know computers but i dont know the circits etc etc ...

I want to get into electronics for hobby...

my questions are:

1.What do i learn first?

2. Do you know of a basic breadboard software for free

3. Where is the best place on the web to buy electronic parts for cheap since i am not rich lol.

4. if you have free tutoriaisl online also whats a good book.

Just need some help i search google for hours just to find alot of out of date web sites LOL..

as for background I know some programming and alot of computers...

please let me know thanks alot appreciate it much

_MarkH

I really like www.allelectronics.com a surplus electronics dealer. You can usually find 95% of the parts you need from them at cut rate prices with almost next day shipping to my locale for $7 per order. They have a couple experimenter's bread boards. http://www.freepcb.com/home.html is a layout and printing software for making you own pcb's. I haven't really mastered it yet. I'm fairly well versed in electrician stuff like house and appliance wiring but always stopped when I saw one of those little green boards with all the colorful little gizmos soldered to it. But, now I'm trying to learn this electronics stuff myself. I bought a good basics book from Radio Shack a couple of years ago. I can't remember the name but it's something like The Basics of Electronic Circuits (not trying to be funny). Check and see if they still have it.

Good luck and watch those iron burns.

hi Mark,

Look at this thread on the forum, its asking something along the same lines.
" I need a really good Electronics Intro"

Also an interesting link/ [its 110MByte, hope you have broadband]

http://www.vias.org/feee/releasehist.html

Regards

mark73777 said:
thanks for that book link

where is the link to that forum post.....

ty

Hope this is OK?:confused:

Screwed that up!, [didnt link}

Sorry! Look under 'General Electronics Chat'

mark73777 said:
by the way this stuff looks hard do i have to learn all of it just for hobby lol

Not really, its a case of 'pick n mix'.
When you decide on which project you are going build, just swot up on those
points that are needed to solve the problem.

Learning electronics as hobby, usually you have something in mind you would like to design.

Its a bit like doing a jig saw puzzle, at first do the easy bits, [ the corners, then the bits with flat edges and so on] eventually you will find all your little bits of knowledge will start to fit together.

If you ask the forum any questions its a good idea to post what YOU have done, with as much background information you can add.

Most members like to see the OP has made an effort to solve the problem on his own.

thanks for the links, friends, if you got own ideas about circuits of security system like car and home, please give the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back