Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New To electronics FAQ, your input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

It has been awhile since the NTEFAQ has been updated, and I think it may be time for some revisions. Now before I ask the mods to allow me access to make updates, I thought I would ask all of you for input. What sort of things should be added, deleted, etc...

Some input on good easy to get logic fet switch part numbers. Oh and what question do you old timers seem to be answering over and over again.

Anything else you can think of. Thanks and lets help keep the hobby going :)

...Oh and what question do you old timers seem to be answering over and over again...

How do I hook up a gazillion LEDs to my 1.5V battery?

How do I make a 555 sing "yankee doodle"?

How do I get 15W of audio out of an LM386?

If I hook something that draws 1/2A to a 10A supply, how do I limit the current?

Why does my LM317L get stinking hot?

Why am I blowing up transistors in my H-Bridge?

How come my opamp doesn't work if one of the inputs is grounded?

How do I hook up my single output power supply to make +10V and -10V?

What did I miss?

(Ps: I remember now! How do I make a one transistor FM stereo transmitter that has a range of 3km?)

Last edited:
I hooked up a 1A load to my 9V battery. Why won't it work more than 2 seconds?

Put a pull-up on MCLR!

Last edited:
Oh I got a good one: "My neighbor's dog" electronics FAQ: how to cancel dogs' bark electronically, to sound an alarm if they bark and annoy you with their hopeless level of knowledge in electronics, blah blah blah... :D

On a serious note, I really think nowadays that everyone should quickly start with uCs after a light intro if they want to start with electronics. It is unorthodox, but it's how I started getting interested with the subtleties of electronics and it's beauty. $0.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back