Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to electronics - Confused about breadboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

bashlsdir

I bought this kit off ebay with a variety of components. I am trying to create the simplest of circuits, light an led with a resister using a 9v battery.

The breadbord I receieved has no markings on it at all, so I don't have a clue where positive and negative should go from the 9V.

Sorry for the newbie questions. So my first question is, where is the positive and negative on this board?

I have attached the image of the breadboard.

View attachment 63060

Last edited:
There is no power rail on your breadboard like in my picture, the lines X and Y

Nevertheless you can still use it like this.

Last edited:
That type of board is connected up like the blue lines on the left in my image. You can light your LED as per my example on the right.

The dovetail tabs and grooves on the outer edges of your breadboard are for joining multiple breadboards together or attaching bus strips for power and ground connections. You will find bus strips very useful when you start working with ICs. To find compatible bus strips, check for a brand label on the back of your breadboard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back