Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

new to electronics.. a little help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
audioguru said:
No it is not! Look again. The PNP transistor is backwards.
If its supply voltage is about 9V or higher then the transistor would conduct all the time like a 7V zener diode.

A backwards transistor has a current gain of about 5 instead of a current gain of 200. So it might light the LED dimly.

that would be my bad, i said in a earlier post that i had the transistor from C B E and it was working, but in fact!!! i had it at E B C the whole time, I just read and wrote it down wrong, i knew how the transistor worked from memory, bet couldn't remember the names of the pins.

For any of us to understand we can only go but what is explained to us or the schematic. If you have C and E the wrong way round in your diagram, and you do have a current limit resistor in series with your LED then yes, it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back