Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to electornics

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I do is charge batteries, blink LEDs and make magic smoke but its fun. There are heaps of introductory electronic pages on the other side of google. The way I've done iit s pick out a simple thing like, say, a battery charger using an lm317, find a circuit diagram and breadboard it. when you have it right and understand how it works move onto to another project. I've only ever learned something through practical application. Reading alone just goes in one eye and out an ear.

The kit looks like an okay way to start playing with electronics.

Also, have you read this: ?

For starters breadboard first and worry about soldering later. There is nothing very magic about soldering short of practice and a decent soldering iron/unit. You could by a budget soldering iron that works off mains, a spool of solder and have change left over at that price. Google is your friend for soldering how to's and reasearch before you buy anything as you will probably be using it long after you have learned how to.

There are plenty of tips on how to solder here. Two of the bets ones I can think of is make absolute sure you use LEADED solder _NOT_ lead free solder, lead free solder is a pain to work with. The other one is oxidation, leaving your iron sitting around for a couple minutes inbetween joints is a bad idea if it's not temperature controlled, and even then it's best to clean it and re-wet it with fresh solder before starting.

i started to learn from hight school and also help father fix electric in house.Now i out of high school 5 years ago.I working in big building house.o where can learn fast like when you work and do it every day.Love to share to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back