Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to Broadband amplification

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyBolt

Hello guys

I'm a electrical engineer and i have a task to create a broadband amplifier: 0-550MHz for some measuring purpose. The amplifier should act as a front end amplifier with low noise figure.

However i have no experience with working with broadband electronic. I have worked some with narrow band amplifiers, but there seems to be one major obstacle with broadband:

In narrow band you can safely assume that the transistors S/Y'parameters remains constant over the frequency spectrum that you are operating in. But in broadband, you will often see a very large change. How do you work around this S/Y-parameter shift? Do you take the Y-parameters in the middle of the spectrum 300MHz for my case, and then create an amplifier with 300MHz bandwidth? Am i starting on the wrong foot?

Thank you for your replies!

Andreas Jørgensen

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back