new purchase for grandson

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

got this in the mail today, was on sale for $45. I opened and wow there is a lot of stuff in it.
Asked wife if I could buy one for myself == NO unless we are made of money lol
https://www.elecrow.com/arduino-compatible/crowtail-advanced-kit-for-arduino.html
All the stuff could be utilized with a microchip pic / swordfish. But would need a development board (tap-28 would do the deed)
Was looking over the online instructions/code and it looks very similar to Swordfish.

They do seem very good value, though I cannot see any breadboard or jumper wires in that kit ?
He will need them to connect all those modules up, saves a lot of soldering etc

Yes you can use those items with your Pic etc, and as a long term pic user, I would say go with the Arduino and C++, a whole new interesting arena

Asked wife if I could buy one for myself == NO unless we are made of money lol
Early Birthday pressy

There are a great many Arduino based kits, many considerably cheaper than that one - the contents are usually 'different', and in the more expensive ones you usually get a few more expensive items. It's common for a breadboard to be included, so perhaps a cheaper one (with a breadboard) might be a better first choice?.

looking at the kit it appears that it's all plug in modules so no jumper wires needed.
After I research the different kit parts etc. maybe add a pack of jumper wires and breadboard.
this kit says it is all plug n run, no wiring involved. Sounds kinda boring but as a learning tool it removes the frustration of a misplaced connection then the user can concentrate on the code why for's etc.

just a thought, maybe have a breadboard made that jumper wires be used as well as a microchip 18F based board instead of an Arduino?
Basically use included modules but develop code that simulates what the Arduino C++ is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…