Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Project Need Help "A noise device " project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amkha69

I am building a project, What material is needed to build this kind of device where if it hears a particular sound for example a clap, it triggers it and the beep goes off, the radius I want the device to work is 25 ft and under. It seem like a simple concept , but I am not an electrician nor an engineer, I have no clue what kind of component is needed for this kind of project.

Thanks in Advance

A microphone, amplifier, filter, rectifier, output driver?

you may need voice recognition chip if you need to detect specific type of noise,, simple if you just want a random noise detector

If you don't mind the "beeper" staying on until the circuit "hears" another noise, here's a (relatively) simple circuit that can do what you want with a little bit of tweaking:

Dancing Leds Schematic Diagram | Skema Rangkaian|Electronic Schematic Circuit Diagram

You can adjust the sensitivity by changing the resistor values of R2 and R3. To make only one output, connect your buzzer to Q1 of the 4017 decade counter (must be a buzzer, not just a speaker), and connect the "reset" pin and Q2 of the 4017.

I hope this helps!
Der Strom

Millions of things make a sound that is similar to a hand clap so your project will be triggered by most of them. When the project hears its own beeper then it will continuously beep forever.

Millions of things make a sound that is similar to a hand clap so your project will be triggered by most of them. When the project hears its own beeper then it will continuously beep forever.

This is the reason I mentioned adjusting the sensitivity of the circuit. I have built this circuit a few times and, at first, the circuit did as you said and continued beeping until it was shut off. I eventually played around with the sensitivity and was able to find a balance where the beeper would not set it off, but a hand clap/other fairly loud noise would.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back