Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Power Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athenon

I can't seem to find a new power jack for my laptop. I've googled and googled and googled, but nothing seems to be able to give me a part number or anything. There's a name and number on the jack, but they don't appear to mean anything. I can get a new one soldered on if I could FIND a new jack. I made a web page with associated pictures located here: **broken link removed** .

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

How?

How would I go about doing that? It's an MSI, but I don't see anywhere on MSI's website where they sell spare parts.

Oh, the pin looks significantly smaller on my jack too, but that could just be my eyes. I mean, my pin takes up a small portion of the jack, but the one in the picture looks like it takes up most of the jack. I'm not trying to be picky or anything, I just don't want to get a part that doesn't end up working in the long run :/ The one in the picture is compatible with the gx600, but not the gx630 (they're actually different models, the 600 doesn't mean series :p).

The pin configuration appeared different at first, but upon looking closer at mine, the two front pins just hold a little metal jacket on the power connector.

I've found this one, but it's $25 + $5 shipping, and the pin still looks small: http://powerjack.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=135&products_id=17596 It does say it's compatible with my specific laptop, though...but I'm not going to pay $30 for it unless I absolutely have to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back