Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

new PIC18 series not available in PLCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exo

The pic 18F series seems to be upgraded since last time i looked around on MC's website..

for example PIC18F452 'is not recommended for new desings' and you're referred to the new PIC18F4520...
It's the same for all types ...
These new ones don't seem to be available in PLCC anymore :( ...
Does any1 know this is final, or they just didnt start production of PLCC parts yet ? ...

This is both good news and bad news for me. The good news is that the 18FXX20 has a faster ADC and I badly need that on a new project I am working on.

The bad news is that the 18FXX2 would probably be phased out and harder to get. I have recently completed a project using this chip. Luckily, it uses the TQFP package and so I can still fall back on the 18FXX20 if I have to. I don't know about yours but I am sure the 18FXX2 would still be available during my project's lifetime.

Eh, I guess it's back to PDIP then for 18F PIC's that should be in a socket...

how ... huge :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back