Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New person needing help

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's info on the cold cathodes,
12 volts and about 0.3 amp

so could i do 4 rows of 2? and what resistors would i use?

thank you for the help btw. I understand that I'm not the clearest person because i'm not sure quite what i'm doing, so thank you for bearing with me.

hi,
Code:
   *  Tube diameter: 3.0mm
    * Tube length: 300mm/100mm
    * Input voltage of inverter: 12v
    * Output voltage of inverter: 680v
    * Current draw: 5.0mAv
    * Brightness: 28,000~30,000 cd/m²
    * Lifetime: 30,000 hours rs

You cant 'row' the cold cathode lamp.
Just drive 4 connected to a 12Vdc psu

going to have to stoop to lamens terms for me. just splice 4 into 1 12vdc power supply unit? could i still use a 24 v one so i could use 8?

I wouldnt recommend connecting two 12V cold cathode lamps [internal invertors] to a single 24V supply.

Use a 12Vdc supply and connect all 4 lamps to it directly.

ah so to do 8 i would need to do 2 separate supplies. is there a certain amplitude i need for the supply? this method seems much easier then the previous.

ah so to do 8 i would need to do 2 separate supplies. is there a certain amplitude i need for the supply? this method seems much easier then the previous.

Just one 12V dc power supply will be enough for all 8 lamps.

Contact the lamp supplier ask them what 8 current 8 units would require,

i don't know quite what that means, but sure, i can ask...
what do i want the response to be lol

They will tell you how much current the 8 lamps will require, you then buy a suitable current rated 12Vdc psu.:)

Thank you much! I'll post the response just to make sure i'm still on the right track. I'll also post if it works

after many days of emailing like 5 companies, i am still without an answer. i have no idea how much current 8 cold cathode tubes would require. Is there any way for me to figure this out without them? or is there another way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back