Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New model FM transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziddik

i got an fm tx schematic from internet the guy who drew this schematic claims that this circuit can transmit signal upto 3-4 km with a 10M Antenna! Do u guys think its true?

Attachments

• image_.jpg
    image_.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 173
That has GOT to be one of the most gawdawful UGLIEST schematics I've seen in a long time.

I nominate it for Ugly Schematic of the Week. Any seconds?

i got an fm tx schematic from internet the guy who drew this schematic claims that this circuit can transmit signal upto 3-4 km with a 10M Antenna! Do u guys think its true?

No, it's got two crude untuned amplifier stages, but only using puny transistors anyway (so power can only be low), I would imagine the most likely outcome is it's highly unstable.

Yet another broad-band interference generator!

If the output used a tuned circuit instead of the 4.7k collector resistor then its output voltage swing will be higher than the supply voltage for more output power. But its output is limited by the supply voltage so its range is limited. The antenna is a low impedance which needs more current than the weak BC549 can supply and its base current is much too low. This circuit might have a range of 500m to a very sensitive radio with nothing in between or 100m to a cheap clock radio. Across the street to a cheap TDA7000 "radio" from The Dollar Store.

The antenna for the FM band is supposed to be an 80cm whip. A 10m long antenna (but you said 10M which is extremely long) is not correct.

Are you talking about a 10M long antenna, or a antenna for 10M ham band which could be as short as ¼ʎ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back