Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New member introduction + project (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z3nathura

Hello guys,

I'm just here to introduce myself and ask a few basic things.

I am a beginner and jumping head on into electronics. I am a prospective engineering student for Materials/Mechanical engineering and Business (as a double degree program)

I read the stickys about forum posting rules and beginner information so i want to say thanks to the forum mods, that looks as if it will be very useful.

My starter project is a game-show style DIY (quiz show style)
I have stocked up on some LEDs, Pots, resistors, a breadboard and although i haven't had much time lately to get started i have been thinking about the project.

The electronic component of the design as i see it is this: designing a circuit which combines momentary pushbuttons and LEDs such that pressing a pushbutton will light a corresponding LED and prevent the other LEDs from being turned on( when one person buzzes in it prevents later buzz-ins from being registered in the form of a LED being turned on.) The circuit should also have a reset so that the process is repeatable for any given pushbutton-led combo.

i found this thread(https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/game-show-buzzer.626/) in the forums which outlined a possible solution for two teams of multiple people but it seems incomplete, I would really appreciate if someone could write me up a completed diagram for either three single person teams or two teams of two people. I will then take to the task of using the parts and circuitry knowledge i'll be learning in order to try and understand the circuit and practice by trying to make it. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back