Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Inchworm+ question

Status
Not open for further replies.

futz

Got my new Inchworm+ and assembled it. Works great! :D It's VERY fast compared to the K150 I was using.

Now if I could only get MPLAB for Linux, I'd be set. Hate windoze, but what can ya do?

I have one question though: Should I have to unplug the programming cable from the target to allow the target to run my program (always had to unplug the K150). I thought that, since the Inchworm+ was a debugger too, I would be able to leave it plugged in between programmings. But the target doesn't run until I unplug.

Last edited:
futz said:
I have one question though: Should I have to unplug the programming cable from the target to allow the target to run my program (always had to unplug the K150). I thought that, since the Inchworm+ was a debugger too, I would be able to leave it plugged in between programmings. But the target doesn't run until I unplug.
You need to RTFM regarding MPLAB the ICD2 and etc.

Short but not too detailed info: (very quick and dirty)

The Inchworm can operate as a programmer or a debugger.

There is a box on the main menu that allows you to select if you want to compile your program for RELEASE or DEBUG.
For use with programmer select RELEASE
For use with debugger select DEBUG
Build asm/compile the program

You need to select ICD2 under either DEBUG or PROGRAM tab

In the programmer mode:
Connect
Program
Under programmer tab/menu select "Release from Reset" to get your program to run with ICSP cable attached.

HTH

blueroomelectronics said:
I'm told it works under WINE, but have not tested it.
Really!?! Maybe I'll give it a shot then.

And now I have a question for you: Where can I buy some of the other kits you sell? Is DipMicro going to be carrying the others? Do you sell direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back