Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New here thought i would say hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
EOPS Violates the California Constitution

You guys are dead on with this one! My return to college a few years ago was a giant eye opener to the racial bias in our higher level educational system. Despite the less than dismal crap they tried to pass of as educational material relative to engineering, The general bias to wards giving anyone that had any other ethnic background other than "generic White guy" preference or obvious favoritism was sickening.

I am not a bigot or racial biased. In fact I had many friends and associates of many different backgrounds.
What got to me was them teasing me about my difficulties and saying "You should have had a grandparent that was any other color but white" Then our racial fairness and ethnics equality people could help you out!
The actual comment did I not bother me so much, It was the truth behind it that got to me.

You guys are dead on with this one! My return to college a few years ago was a giant eye opener to the racial bias in our higher level educational system. Despite the less than dismal crap they tried to pass of as educational material relative to engineering, The general bias to wards giving anyone that had any other ethnic background other than "generic White guy" preference or obvious favoritism was sickening.

I am not a bigot or racial biased. In fact I had many friends and associates of many different backgrounds.
What got to me was them teasing me about my difficulties and saying "You should have had a grandparent that was any other color but white" Then our racial fairness and ethnics equality people could help you out!
The actual comment did I not bother me so much, It was the truth behind it that got to me.

While I attended that school (No longer do) I was amazed at how many students at this school were not living in the U.S. but across the border in TJ Mexico. I think they somehow cheat the system by using the address of a relative that lives in CA.

The Community college system is funded by tax payers. These people do not pay into the system, yet are afforded the low cost schooling in addition to receiving government grants, and receiving privileges that the US tax payer does not receive, now that chaps my hide. This is not an issue of race, but in fairness, and how our system is being exploited by outsiders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back