Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New here, Just wanted to say Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxPowers

I have been interested in electronics and have wanted to get into this for many many years, and I feel good that I am finally pushing myself to get started. I am 26 and seriously need a hobby. I will be reading the information in the FAQ, my degree is criminal justice so I know nothing about electronics, just think they are cool.
One quick question that I am sure has been answered, and I am sure I will eventually find, but I am just excited and want to know now =) But, what is a good breadboard/electronics kit for beginners and a couple projects for beginners? I will obviously want to learn the basics with a breadboard before I move onto solder.

Thank you

Welcome to ETO, Max!

Electronics is a great hobby, and I'm glad you chose this forum to get started :)

You can usually buy solderless breadboards online for very cheap (I just ordered one off ebay for $15--a rather large one) and same with grab bags of components. I would highly recommend going that route. It might also be a good idea to buy a soldering iron and a desoldering tool. Most of the components I have were desoldered from old circuit boards, and have become a nice bit of a collection.
Just a couple of ideas to get you started :)

I wish you the best of luck with your new hobby!
Regards,
Der Strom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back