Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrison_grant

Where is a good place to start in this field i am very interested in going to college for this and programming. What kind of books videos do i need to start to understand? Oh and what math do i need to learn calculus i know.

Boolean Algebra, computer archetecture, Karnaugh Maps, Into to programming (It's about concepts)
Try to learn any programming language, preferrably an object oriented one such as Java or C++
Learn C
With Boolean algebra assembly language takes that to another level.

You can pick a project, any project and try to do it. Ask here.

Suppose the requirement was to build an Electronic Dice using a microprocessor, LEDs and glue logic.
Lets suppose that time to market was more important than cost.
Now suppose that cost was more important than time to market.

Basic Physics kinda shows you how RC and RLC circuits behave and then a book on "Electronic Circuit Analysis" which would include Laplace Transforms allows you to analyze these circuits. Spice or some variant such as LTSPICE (which is free) can simulate circuits.

Physics gives you a basis to start understanding the fundamental concepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back