Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New guy needs a circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilojoe

Hi All,

As an introduction I'll say that I've had a long time intrest in electronics, made a few projects over the years, and had a ham license for awhile. But a few years ago I made a remote controlled electro-pneumatic unit that pulls a cable that turns a set of targets for the indoor range where I shoot using circuits and parts that I got off the internet, and it actually works! It has settings for keeping the targets faced 2, 5, 10, 20, and 60 seconds. I used 555 timers and 434 mhz tx and rx from Reynolds Electronics. We now have need for turning targets outside but until we can afford to build a pneumatic setup for outside I want to use the controller that I made for the inside unit to run an air horn as a signal to begin and end firing. If the controller is set for 20 seconds the horn needs to blow for lets say one second at the beginning of the of the time and then blow again at the end of the 20 seconds to signal the end of the firing period. I'll get another 434 mzh rx unit and I can control the length of time that the horn blows with more 555 timers and some power relays so the question is how to to make the horn blow at the end of the 20 seconds when the signal goes from high to low.

TIA,
kilojoe

Trigger a 555 with the down-going edge as shown:

Attachments

• ET555.png
    ET555.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 407
Thanks, Mike. I figured that it would be simple, I guess that I wasn't putting the right words in the Google search box to find it.

kilojoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back