Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New feature not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonzit

(At least not working very well)

I noticed the new feature that tells you that you have one or more posts in a thread (the little envelope that means "You have [x] posts in this thread"). Nice little feature.

Unfortunately, it seems to work very capriciously, if at all. I see some threads that I have posts in tagged so, while others that I know I also have posts in are not tagged.

Would be nice if this worked properly, since someone went to all the trouble to code it up ...

Personally I use the subscription system it works flawlessly, the new feature as I see it has always been there. My link to Electrotech goes straight to my subscriptions page, VERY easy to keep tabs on anything I've posted in. EM is probably still working on the code for the new feature, but as I see it's redundant. Between the subscriptions, the nice button that automatically searches for any new posts since last visit with no response have shorted the time I have to spend on ET quiet a bit.

carbonzit, I don't subscribe to threads. I had this SAME problem about a year ago, there is an option in your account settings that causes any thread you reply in to be automatically added to the subscription list. If I find a thread that I haven't posted in before all I have to do is make a tiny comment of some nature and it will forever show up on my subscribed thread list if anyone posts something on it.

That right there is the main feature I have used to keep track of the threads I've posted in in the last year. The new button on the main bar that automatically goes to a search page for unanswered posts since last visit is my personal favorite addition recently.

I can log on, see every thread that has a new post in it that I've ever responded to in, and then immediately go to new posts that have no answers since my last visit or manual reset. I'm liking it. I spend drastically fewer hours here and more minutes responding. If it's a slow day in my subscription and new post links or on the weekends I'll sniff around the straight "New Posts" search results and cherry pick for things that suit my interests.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back