Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Feature: Away status for chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
Hi Guys,

I've been coding a few new features into the chat. So far I've added status feature which allows you to manually set yourself to be either 'Online' or 'Away'. Please note, that if you set yourself as 'Away' and after perform any action it will automatically revert you to being 'Online' again.

I plan to add two more features over the next day or so, firstly there will be an inactivity timer so people know how long you have been away for. As well as that, I am going to add an auto-away feature which will automatically set you as 'Away' after 20 minutes of inactivity.

If you have questions or comments please do let me know.

I also fixed a bug where emoticons were affecting the auto scroller..

Regards,
EM

Last edited:
hi EM,
Those new features will help to make clear who is 'really' online, at the moment when logging on to Chat you spend the first 5 minutes trying to determine who is and who isn't there.

BTW: the drop down Menu when clicking a User name on the 'Online Users', the drop down menu disappears in less than a second, no time to select an option.

E

I don't seem to have the "away" button in my user menu. Could it be a problem with my computer, or are you still working on it?

I was using IE earlier and had the "away" status displayed but activity would not cause it to change states. Now I am using FF and I don't have any thing displaying on my screen about the status.

Electromaster,
please add a facility to know the status of different chat rooms, whether occupied or free without landing there and disturbing the occupied members. like a note
or flag"busy" , "dont disturb" etc

If you are not seeing the away, do a page refresh. F5 or CTRL-F5.

A refresh didn't seem to help mine, regardless of how many times I refreshed it. Perhaps it is a problem with my browser....

EDIT: Okay, now I can finally see the "away" tags, but when I toggle to being "away", then type something, it says I'm still away. Is it supposed to revert automatically, or is that something I have to do manually?

Looks great, anyway! :D

EDIT EDIT: In fact, it doesn't look like anyone's updates when they become active again....

Last edited:
Ah, seems to be working fine now! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back