Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Electronics Forum (technical repair)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it allows me to look around as a guest, then I'll look around. If I like what I see then I may register. To require registration first is stupid.

Mike.

You can have a peek with login:password = guest2:guest2

That place gave me an idea:

I have decided the internet needs a schematic supositry, a big one, bigger than ben hur.
A peacefull place where there is no fighting, or annoying people, just schematics.
To access this wonderfull place all one need do is press the big enter button and they shall be warmly greeted.
Maybe i should download some file harvesters to search for *.sch and schematic and dump them on my pc to be sorted in to catagories and then uploaded to a domain i have yet to create...or maybe i should just stop typing my thoughts, have a beer and watch the footy.

mmm...beer.

Pommie said:
When it allows me to look around as a guest, then I'll look around. If I like what I see then I may register. To require registration first is stupid.

Mike.

hi Mike
well mate, you will lose nothing by registering and see what's around !!
i have to do that coz it's the only control i have to prevent none members from accessing the forum , so just give it a try and if u find it worth , keep going on otherwise leave it and nothing u lose
hope u got my point , it's not a way to obligate guests to register but a way of protection .
best regards

sawwa7 said:
Pommie said:

Mike.

hi Mike
well mate, you will lose nothing by registering and see what's around !!
i have to do that coz it's the only control i have to prevent none members from accessing the forum , so just give it a try and if u find it worth , keep going on otherwise leave it and nothing u lose
hope u got my point , it's not a way to obligate guests to register but a way of protection .

I agree with Mike, 'protection' is only relevent for posting, why would you want to 'protect' it from being read?. Particularly when anyone can simply register and read it anyway?.

I can only see as it's a way to try and increase the numbers of registered users? - the 'protection' excuse makes no sense at all!.

Incidently, I ran a service forum for a while, until my host closed my complete site without even telling me! - basically because my full site was taking too much bandwidth (although they advertised no bandwidth restrictions!). My site WAS protected, only legitimate service engineers were allowed to read or post, and all registrations were checked before being authorised!. I presume that's NOT the type of protection you were looking for?.

I won't go in to the messy details!, but in the end I lost all data in the forum, as the host never allowed me access to recover it - and the only backups were stored elsewhere on the same site - I only had dial-up access back then!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back