Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New components and/or ATmega2560 for Eagle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karkas

Hello, this is actually about schematic design, but I don't see any forum about it.

I am working on a design with the ATmega2560 that is actually programmmed in Arduino, but it will be loaded with the bootloader to work standalone. But, too make the schematic in Eagle, this MCU does not appear in the Atmel library. And really, trying to create the new component I haven't found the way to make visible the pin number, just the name of the pin, of course I haven't given much time to it.

I would like to know, is there any library for Eagle that contains this MCU? I found one in Elemnt14, but it has an error. Or a tutorial on designing new components to make te pin nnumber and name visible, I mean the real pin number.

Thanks in advance.

of course I haven't given much time to it.
Of course.. why don't you give it a little more time.. internet is full of eagle-tutorials. Just google. Eagle is very annoying piece of software. There is nothing intuitive in the user interface. You just have to google... google.. and then google.

I did, but decided to move to DipTrace, not extremely intuitive, but easier (at least my impresion) in the edition and creation of new components and patterns, which I have to design little more than just a few.

Thanks for your reply misterT.

Thanks for your reply misterT.
I wasn't really helping.. haha. But honestly, I really hate Eagle. I know it is a good program and you can do quality work with it, but I really hate the user interface etc. When I need to use eagle I find my self googling "eagle tutorials" more than using Eagle itself..

Well, I didn't say "thanks for your help", but "for your reply" haha. I have used it in very simple circuits, but when creating components, it sucks. Which one do you use?

I use Labcenters Proteus. For the price it is very good.

Now that you have given up on eagle:

There is a search window. Enter "ATmega". Many libraries come up.

CAD is not something you get good at in 15 minutes.

Thanks ronsimpson, but there's a problem with that link... Maybe it is because of my location, I'll check what's happening.

I have alrady, but the links I have found don't work, any of them. Also found in a forum that there's a sparkfun eagle library that contains it (which had som swapped pins), but can't realy find the library.

There is a Eagle 5 and a Eagle 6 library.
I don't know if this is the old or now file.
The forum will not allow me to upload a .LIB file...so.....save this file and rename back to .LIB (not .LIB.ASM)

Attachments

• SparkFun.lbr.asm
    1.3 MB · Views: 558
Thank you very much ronsimpson, I'll try it out and tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back