Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New And Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

insensible

I Need Help In Drawing This ..
Is there anybody who can help ?
I have a project and I need to get help since I dont know how to do it and am new to projects :( ..
The project is here :
**broken link removed**
Do you know anybody who can help in drawing this circuit on pcb or making it .. ? or anybody done it before and have it saved ?
Thanks

Pretty ambitious for a first project...

Well, let's get better aquainted, and see what we can do. Where are you from, how old? Gives a better idea about how to word my response, don't want to be too confusing or overly technical. Do you have any experience with electronics or making PCBs, or is this the very first one? There are several methods for transfering the PCB artwork onto the copper board, do you have a method in mind?

There are so free programs on the web, that will trace out the PCB if you input a schematic, but they take a while to learn. IC components are tough to do with a Sharpie marker.

There are several methods for transfering the PCB artwork onto the copper board, do you have a method in mind?

Yes I Do have in mind and I know how ..
The only thing I need is how to draw it .. Never used PCB before ..
I wish somebody would help me trace it or do it ..

But if you can't use a PCB, then why bother! just use a normal prototyping-/prefo-/vero- board (the one with copper traces already made and with a lot of holes). Place the components and use wires to make connections (or the same tracks on the board). Nothing hard there ;)

something like this: http://www.dansdata.com/images/caselight/vero500.jpg

I need more information, and asked nicely. I don't like to guess or waste time when I try to help. You need to be more specific, and give some details. You aren't giving me much to work with.

First PCB, first guess: Permenant marker, going to hand draw it on the copper? Difficult to get fine lines, and IC pins are close together.

Back in high school (1978), we started by looking for a case the project would fit in, allowed room for batteries if needed, and measured what was left for PCB. Put a rectangle on paper of the same size. Graph paper helps, but wasn't always availiable. Next we placed the components, starting with ICs and transistors, and anything else that had short or close leads. Need to place them so you have enough room to draw lines between pins, and also add other descrete components. You can poke the IC pins through the paper to get the right spacing. Draw in the component outline lightly or in a different color, and mark pin 1 for reference. Look at the schematic, and start connecting pins, use a light pencil (be erasing often). The long lead components can bridge over some traces, otherwise you will need to add wire jumpers if you can't find a way around. This isn't quick or easy, takes a lot of trial and error to fit all the traces around the parts and each other. In school, it was more of a challenge, since several people were usually doing the same project. The was the race to be first to come up with a board the teacher would approve for etching. Also some projects we tried to make the smallest.
Once you have all the component leads connected and routed, use a soft lead pencil and go over the traces really dark, cut out the board outline. Might want to make a copy first. Cut a copper board to size. Clean the copper side well, steelwool (very fine) to room oxide layer, acetone or rubbing alchol to remove greasy finger prints. Try to avoid touching the copper once cleaned. Tape your pattern over the copper side, pencil side against copper. Use a ballpoint pen to trace over the back of your artwork, you want to press hard enough to transfer the graphite from the pencil, but not enough to rip the paper. Remove the paper and tape, you should have a faint copy of the artwork on the copper, just trace over with permenant marker. Ready to etch.

That was the pre-computer method. With two ICs in you project, expect to take several days...

insensible
insensible is on a distinguished road

Default Hey
Hey I really need help in this ..
The project I have must be finished in days ..
I only need it drawn on pcb and i will get it and print it and do the board ..
If you can help let me know ..
Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
From a private message...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have my own projects to work on. This sounds like school work, and you should have just sat down and did it, instead of trying to avoid a challenging task. Now you'll need to work fast. I'd be wasting my time doing your artwork on my computer, as your teacher would most likely know you didn't do the work yourself. You'd get the same grade if you didn't do it at all. Best to follow your teacher's instruction best you that you can, and turn in what you can, least you'll get credit for trying.

I am going to use Photo Resist method to transfer into board ..
Method includes :
-Printing the PCB design on overhead projector transparency sheets using a good laserprinter (inkjets aren't black enough).
-Sandwichiching a photoresist-covered PCB blank between the sheets and expose it to ultraviolet light.
-Putting the PCB in a developer solution, which removes the photoresist wherever the UV light fell.
-Dissolving the exposed copper with ferric chloride and finishing the PCB guide.

Is only the PCB I don't know how to draw it ..if there is guide into it or help overhere .. I would be thankful ..

Now you know how I feel HarveyH42!

insensible,
That's a fairly standard process and quite fool proof, it shouldn't go wrong as long as you expose and etch the board for the correct length of time. I normally use tracing paper as I've found the ink sticks to it and it passes UV better.

What do you mean you don't know how to draw it?

The best way is to use some PCB editing software or even a drawing program.

There are some tips on Wikipeda but they are still helpful even though lots of them don't apply to a single layer board.
**broken link removed**

get eagle. transfer the schematic into the sch file in eagle. make a board, print, etch. all done

how to use eagle? google it! search for eagle manual or something. no-one is going to do that for you. it takes too long. will you pay? real cash? in advance? if yes, then maybe you can find someone (depending on the amount you offer).

insensible,

This is nonsense. I doubt any instructor would give you an assignment without at least pointing you to the tools you need to do it.

What did he/she suggest you use to draw the PCB artwork?

What are you fellow class mates using ?

It sounds a lot like you are too lazy to do your own work and have come here to con one of us into doing it for you.

Lots of luck on that.

He really needs to do this as he was instructed, otherwise the teacher will know it's not student work. I outlined how we did it in school, obviously not quick and easy. Guessing the shop has a computer and design software. Insensible should mention the software he is being taught, maybe someone is familiar enough to help him through using it. I don't see me doing the homework as helping you learn.

As long as you make an effort, and show your progress, you will get plenty of help here. This isn't the sort of forum where you post your assignment, and get it all done on time for you. For most of us, its a hobby, and we have our own projects, and we ourselves are learning new things. If you have future plans in electronics, you will need to learn this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back