Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Never used Eagle before - very little time, very simple project - help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealStark

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, and am a newcomer to creating custom electronics projects.
I am in need of someone to make an Eagle schematic and PCB layout that matches what I've drawn in the attached image.

Essentially, I want a ring of SMD LEDs around the circumference, and one in the center. However, I want to be able to control each part separately, which is why I'm using the two transistors. All LEDs will be powered by a 3.7V, and the center pin of the transistors will be switched by an Arduino. Also, the transistors can be placed anywhere inside the 1.5" diameter circle, and I'd prefer if they could be more symmetrical (on either side of the center LED perhaps).

The JST battery connector will be soldered to the back of the PCB, but all other components will be on the front. I will also need two holes to connect wires from the Arduino pins to the transistors, and a hole to wire the grounds to the Arduino as well.

If anyone is willing to help me, it would be very much appreciated. If you need to know any other information, don't hesitate to ask.

Attachments

• PCB Layout.jpg
    PCB Layout.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 305
i could help you out with this,

I think that 1 connector could be used to connect your arduino to the power and transistor bases, this would be neater.

I will lay something out tommorow and see what you think of it.

i could help you out with this,

I think that 1 connector could be used to connect your arduino to the power and transistor bases, this would be neater.

I will lay something out tommorow and see what you think of it.

Thank YOU cobra1. That would be amazing. I'm using an Arduino Lilypad Simple board, which requires a separate power source, and I intend to power the LEDs and Arduino separately. (not sure if that's what you meant) My email is ry842002 AT hotmail. Thank you SO much. :D

Hiya, something has come up my end, i am away from home for 2 days, so i will crack on with this for you when i return home, hope thats ok for you.
can you PM me your email address, the one you put above has the end missing from it, either .com/.co.uk etc

I don't see how that circuit should work.

16 LEDs in parallel require a current limiting resistor each which should be placed on board.

The 2N2222 can handle 500mW with no heatsink and 1.6W with an infinite heatsink.

Additionally you haven't stated the LED forward current.

To cobra1: Congratulations. I wonder how you manage to place 16 LEDs spaced equally in a circle. The angular distance is 21.1764degrees. :D

Boncuk

You can drive a single led directly from the MCU pin (with a current limiting resistor of course).
So there is no need for a transistor to drive the center led.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back