Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

negative supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elektor

i have seen at various places negative supply is used.i.e -Vee is used alone.I am not talking about +Vcc and -Vee combinedly used as dual supply.Is there any specific reason to do so?I am specifically talking about Telephone Exchanges.they uses power supply of -48 Volts?
why :?:

This is mostly used by Op-amp ICs.Also half H bridge motor drivers need an dual suply.

Its to make our lifes easyer and simpler.

i dont know whats with the telephone thing.

Voltage for the telephone was supplied by batteries in the beginning, they could have grounded the pos or neg but chose the pos arbitarily. Electrolysis of the ground rod could have been a factor, but I doubt it. In the early automobiles, some used pos ground and some used neg but now all use neg ground as far is I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back