Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Needing info on designing a multiple input device to single display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian1

Ok I have this on going idea and need a little info what I should start researching and learning to do. Here is what I want to do. I want to use a single display, LCD perferred, I can control with and up and down momentary buttons to display info from multiple input sensors. I read in data on 4 or 5 temperature sensors, some pressure sensors, and some level sensors. The out put can display one item at a time with a small name of the device it is displaying. This will be a challenge project for me. learning programming and sensor devices and circuits. Just looking for best way to get started.

Brian

Ok I have this on going idea and need a little info what I should start researching and learning to do. Here is what I want to do. I want to use a single display, LCD perferred, I can control with and up and down momentary buttons to display info from multiple input sensors. I read in data on 4 or 5 temperature sensors, some pressure sensors, and some level sensors. The out put can display one item at a time with a small name of the device it is displaying. This will be a challenge project for me. learning programming and sensor devices and circuits. Just looking for best way to get started.

Brian

hi,
Its sounds from that project description that a PIC or mcu will be required.
The first step would be to learn PIC programming.:)

Look thru Nigels tutorials link near my signature.

I was thinking PIC but wanted an idea. Yep done some programming on computer OSes but sure bet it be a whole new language. I will check into an mcu too.

Brian

I was going to try to cobble together a crude diagram for an analog multiplxer, but I did something better; I found a multiplexer designed by real analog designers. Look at figure 58 on page 15. The select A-D signals can be generated by simple logic. Properly set up, something like a shift register IC, 74HC165, can select one of N amplifiers on each toggle of the clock pin.

https://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/Data_Sheets/AD810.pdf

Also, check this out:

https://www.ee.washington.edu/stores/DataSheets/cd4000/cd4051.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back