Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need your Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

Hi All ,

i have a stepper with 6 leads o.k , and am searching for a crcuit to run it from my computer , and i prefer this one in the link....... but the problem is this circuit is only have 4 leads ........can you look please and tell me how to run my stepper with it's 6 leads on this circuit .

http://home.att.net/~wzmicro/l298.html Thanks

well as this is a schematic to run a bipolar (4 wired ) steppermotor, then there is no chance for you to run your stepper with this schematic. either you must get a new stepper motor or a new shematic for a unipolar stepper morot.

o.k, so have u seen any circuit can control stepper with 6 leads using computer .

really it's a very good stepper mototr so i don't want to lose it .

I used the circuit below to test a 5v/1a unipolar stepper earlier this year... It was driven at TTL (5v) signal levels from a PIC microcontroller but I wonder if you might be able to drive it through a buffer IC from the parallel port?

Replacing the TIP122s with IRL510 or IRL520 MOSFETs should work well too...

As Nigel mentioned, I suspect you'll find plenty of examples on the 'net...

Good luck with your project... Regards, Mike

Attachments

• stepper_board_693.jpg
    stepper_board_693.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 464
  • stepper__tip122__schematic_158.jpg
    stepper__tip122__schematic_158.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 462
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back