Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Wiring Diagram for 12v DC Neon

Status
Not open for further replies.

svtfast

I am not new to electronics but I am new here. Due to my situation, I need to biuld a 12 DC power supply. It only has to power 2 2" neon bulbs but I need it.

Thanks a bunch

It depends on the type and the conditions.

I have neon lights for my liscense plate lights but everytime I wire them in I blow the PS. I am not sure why as they are rated for 12v DC.

I just need a scamatic(sp) so that I can build one myself. I was looking at the PS in a cig light adapter but I could get all of the part numbers for what I need, I have the diagram i just dont know what parts to get.

The PSU is probably designed for a specific neon lamp, if you connect the wrong typ you risk either destroying the lamp or the PSU. Have you checked you're using the correct PSU for your lamp?

The PS came with the lamp. I blew two different ones so I looked at the PS's layout and they look the same.

I have everything ID'd except for the resistors and the transformer. I just have to figure out how to read 5 line resistors but I have no clue what type of transformer that the PS has.

These aren't the two wire lamp type but the commercial cold cathode/LED/plasma type. The five line resistors should be high tolerence type ie 1% . Are you sure the lights worked before you wired them in if so then the wiring is most likely the problem. I would advise against using an earth return for such a setup and if two wires are being run from the console to the rear I don't know how the extra capacitance would effect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back