Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need ur help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emantra

Hello there,

I'm a little problem here. First I wanted to use a TIP 110 NPN and NTE 262 PNP darlington amplifier, which I had to change coz I couldn't find that in the market I also searched for the replacement also which I was also unable to find. So I'm designing a darlington amplifier for both the transister.

Both are TO220 Darlington transistor
NTE262: PNP, 100V, 4A, 65W, hfe=2500 at 4A
TIP110: NPN, 60V, 2A, 50W, hfe>1000

Could u guys just see my schematic n tell me what can I add n remove? And any comment .

thanks for any reply

Attachments

• replacementfig.jpg
    replacementfig.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,244
You can use BDX33A for TIP110 and BDX34A for NTE262.
In your first schematics diode must be reversed, just oposite as in second one.
First resistor can be 10kohm and second is better to be smaller. It can be 220-560ohm.

bloki said:
You can use BDX33A for TIP110 and BDX34A for NTE262.
In your first schematics diode must be reversed, just oposite as in second one.
First resistor can be 10kohm and second is better to be smaller. It can be 220-560ohm.

Guys,

I don't know much about transistors, I'm just playing with that first schematic in my simulation software. A first resistor of 10k with a smaller second one gives out a nice strong current at the collector with just a couple mA at the base.

But wouldn't reversing the diode just short the whole thing?

Diode in first circuit now shorts second transistor. It must be reversed.
And I think transistors 2N2222 are used in circuits only symbolically. This transistor is NPN and can not be used in second circuit. Also this transistor has not current and power ratings to replace the second transistor. For this transistors BD241 and BD242 can be used respectively.

Woops, right. I had the emitter and collector reversed. It's even more powerful with the diode reversed and the polarity right :lol:

The second resistor has a huge influence on the total output. [Edit : Wrong. This was only true on my first try with the E & C reversed.]

Thanks for your help

First of all I'll try to find the BDX33A and BDX34A in the market, if I couldnt find them also I'll follow what u have said.

The diode in the first schematic is the revesred one, I forget to change its polarity coz it is the copy of the second schematic which I drew first, I changed only the transistor but forget to change the polarity of the diodes.
Sorry for that.

Thanks a lot.

Hey there,

I searched the market I couldn't find the BDX33A instead of that I am using BDX33C which I found out that both are some what similar but the only thing that differ is the voltage it works 33A has 60V whereas the 33C has 100V, so does this difference in the voltage create problem? and I cpouldn find the BDX34A so I think that I had to design the Darlington amplifer myself.

Is my desing right?? If no what are the changes that I had to make here.

Thanks for any comment

Types A, B and C differs only by voltage reting. The higher it is the better. Have you searched for BDX34 types A, B or C.

You can use TIP132/TIP137, TIP120/TIP125, TIP121/TIP126 or TIP122/TIP127 pairs.

Hi,

You can also use the following darlington pairs:

BD677A (NPN) & BD678A (PNP) 60V, 4A, hfe 750, TO126

BD679 (NPN) & BD680 (PNP) 80V, 4A, hfe 750, TO126

Both are complementary pairs.

TOK ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back