Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need uhf/vhf amp sch

Status
Not open for further replies.

huhh

Hello all... this seems to be a good site to ask this question...

Anyone have a schematic for a Uhf / Vhf signal amplifier?
In other words, A power antenna amplifier. for the tv.

Thanks for any info.

I just looked in Google and got 119,000 links. The 1st link had a simple vhf/uhf amplifier circuit but I didn't see if it has good or bad cross-modulation interference if you have a lot of channels.

Here's one:

**broken link removed**

scroll down to the "Application Information" on page 8 where you will find a schematic and suggested pcb layout. Unless you are an RF expert and want to invest a lot of time, copy the suggested pcb layout exactly.

If you want to simply boost VHF/UHF signals, in line amplifiers are cheap and will do a good job. Check mcmelectronics.com or partsexpress.com

A better cable is always better than the best amplifier and a lot cheaper.
But if you really must, look here: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/08/philips_rf_manual_8th_edition.pdf
Download the manual and look at pages 31 and 32.
Here you will find the right amplifier, the kind of amplifiers cable companies use in their networks. They work extremely well, I use them for all sorts of purposes. And they are also easy to use: Bolt one to a heatsink, connect the power supply, usually 24 V / 500 mA, ( they're hungry as well) , connect input and output cables and you are ready to rock & roll.

on1aag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back