Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Two ICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cry_Wolf

Can any body tell me from where can i get these two ics: 89S2051 and 89S4051.

Thanks

Cry_Wolf said:
Can any body tell me from where can i get these two ics: 89S2051 and 89S4051.

Thanks

hi,
I Googled 'buy a 89S2051', number hits.

**broken link removed**

The reason i asked here is that you people are regularly purchasing electronic component from the Internet, I had never. So you can tell me a better reliable dealer.

Mouser seems to have them and is pretty good source. Check Mouser.com or for Europe: eusales@mouser.com John

Edit: Here's the Mouser site for Asia: asia@mouser.com
If you have a tough time getting them shipped to you because of our paranoia, you might consider asking someone in a more PC country (like any European country) to buy them and send them to you.

Last edited:
https://www.futurlec.com/ICAtmel.shtml

Futurlec ships from Thailand, not sure if there are any restricted countries (doubtful). Downside, shipping is slow, about 3 weeks to USA. If one item in your order is out of stock, they'll hold the entire order until they can fill it. Still waiting on my last order, almost a month now... Needed a barometric sensor. Prices and part quality is great though, if you don't mind the wait.

I don't know whether you could get from India. if permitted you may try www.sunrom.com He has them

P S: Sorry . He has 89c but not 89S.

Last edited:
HarveyH42 said:
https://www.futurlec.com/ICAtmel.shtml

Futurlec ships from Thailand, not sure if there are any restricted countries (doubtful). Downside, shipping is slow, about 3 weeks to USA. If one item in your order is out of stock, they'll hold the entire order until they can fill it. Still waiting on my last order, almost a month now... Needed a barometric sensor. Prices and part quality is great though, if you don't mind the wait.

They do not wait, they just substitute part according to their fancy. I ordered some 16F877A's and they sent me 16LF877A's more expensive but for me useless because they go only to 10Mhz. I kept them because it would take two month for return mail, but it is last time I order from them.
Jirka

Jirka46 said:
They do not wait, they just substitute part according to their fancy. I ordered some 16F877A's and they sent me 16LF877A's more expensive but for me useless because they go only to 10Mhz. I kept them because it would take two month for return mail, but it is last time I order from them.
Jirka

Did you try the 16LF877A's at 20MHz?, I'd be surprised if they didn't work perfectly.

Jirka46 said:
Jirka

Even at 10 MHz, they are good for something. I use a AVR, and haven't done anything over 10 MHz, but I guess that's about the same as a PIC running at 40 MHz :) , sorry Nigel). Did the send you E-Mail, stating the substitution? Or just found out when you examined your order. One tiny letter on a chip, seems like an understandable human error. I work in a distribution warehouse, and a $700 worth of mis-picks in a week isn't uncommon, just in my department. Not to mention shorts and damages...

Out of 12 orders, this is the longest wait, and I knew what might happen before I ordered. I've gotten an Email every week with an update so far. I've read a lot of bad reviews of Futurlec, but have had a bad experience yet.

To the OP, give them a shot, no minimum order, low prices, cheap shipping, and most likely willing to ship anywhere.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Did you try the 16LF877A's at 20MHz?, I'd be surprised if they didn't work perfectly.

I did not try it. I think some might work and others not and they might quit under extreme conditions. Generaly I do not think it is a good idea to use parts beyond manufacturer's specs.
Jirka

Jirka46 said:
Jirka

This has NOT been my experience with them, and I have ordered a LOT!

I tend to agree with Harvy

Jirka46 said:
I did not try it. I think some might work and others not and they might quit under extreme conditions. Generaly I do not think it is a good idea to use parts beyond manufacturer's specs.
Jirka
I think in Most cases, that is the way to go, however, I was reading in a forum, and sorry, I can't remember where, that Microchip had condoned the use a much higher clock frequency, of one of its 18fxxx processors beyond the figures given in the data sheet, for a large company building applications with this chip. The figure in the data sheet is the speed which MicroChip guarantees the chip to operate. You may get a particular chip which is able to run much faster, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back