Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Toshiba tachometer chip sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

martianent

I am posting this for the hundreds of fellow car owners on Thirdgen.org. Our cars have tachometers using a WAAAY outdated Toshiba IC driver. After a long time, the tachs start reading inaccurately or stop working and need to be repaired. Most of us are pretty handy with a soldering iron and could fix these ourselves rather than paying someone $300 or so to do it for us. The Toshiba chip is a T2685A, and searching for datasheets reveals NOTHING other than Toshiba saying "We don't carry the datasheet for that chip as it's outmoded." And they don't list a modern equivalent or anything. Can anyone provide a datasheet for this thing? Hundreds of car owners everywhere would thank you :D .

P.S. My tachometer is currently accurate (well, both of them are, as I have 2 instrument clusters ATM), but I'm sure I'll probably need this info sometime. And help for my V6 tach won't help L4 and V8 guys ;) .

The chip does exist: **broken link removed** Unfortunately many sellers require a large line item purchase. Sellers will sometimes have the datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back