Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to replace 4D batteries with adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to replace 4d batteries that are 1.5v 15000mAh with a 120v ac/dc adaptor on an eliptical machine. I am assuming I need to output at 6v adaptor, but I am not sure about the amps. I found a universal adaptor (sony) that will output 6v at 500mA, does anyone know if that will be sufficient or not since it will be plugged in, or do I need bigger? If not, does anyone have any recommendations? I appreciate any help, thank you.

All I know is that the device will draw the current it needs. If .5A is enough it's gonna be ok. Check out the device. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a noob) :)

After doing a quick search it seems that this sort of machine can draw upto 2A so your adapter wouldnt do much good, it would most likely just get hot and die.

Somewhere on the control unit for the bike there will be a voltage and current rating, normally its underneath near the battery compartment, can you see anything there??

If it is rated at 2A then you might have difficulty finding an adapter and you might have to make a power supply for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back