Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to make a wiring harness tester,

Status
Not open for further replies.

iso9001

Hi,

I have a job to test (for continuity) about 50 or so wiring harnesses, 50 circuits each, I think 4 or 5 wires may be spliced togather.

I could ofcourse do this by hand, but its going to be a LOT faster and easier to do this again and again by making some sort of tester.

My idea is to use pics, pretty much just light one end up and check the other end. Should be easy enough except that I wont be able to get a pic with enough pins on it to dedicate each wire to two pics.

I imagine this is similar to driving an led matrix or such... What are some good ways of checking each wire without having to bus togather 5 or so pics ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back