Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to make a circuit to count number for pulses and display on 7-SEGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rallysteve

HI there, I need to construct a circuit that is capable of displaying a series of 3-digit codes on a seven-seg display. The codes are communicated via pulses through a wire. So for example 1-2-3 would be pulse......pulse..pulse......pulse..pulse..pulse then a short pause before the next code. I can sort of see how I could do this with shift registers and timers but would like a compact solution if possible. I am not particually clued up on PIC programming and things but am keen to learn about them.

Any help appreciated

Regards Steve

Last edited:
If you want a more compact solution then it's time to learn about microprocessors. The learning curve can be a little steep to start, but is well worth the effort.

An easy way to start is with a microprocessor that can be programmed in Basic such as some of the PICs or a Stamp computer from Parallax. I have used a Stamp to control an LED with variable light duration and intensity, and read out the status on an LCD module.

Basic is relatively easy to learn and is a good language to start with. You can always move to C or Assembly later on if you want but those are generally more difficult to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back