Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to fix a monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonH

I have an older Samsung 15" monitor (15GLe) quite a while ago it stated to flicker on and off, if I gave it a smack it would come back on for a short bit then go back off till the next smack.
I also want to describe what else it does if it may help, when it blanks out the relay clicks off (then back on after the smack) and the power/status LED goes from bright green(working) to dim green when it needs a smack)

For those of you that know their way around a monitor I'd like an idea where to check for a problem, I'm thinking it's just a cold solder joint, since if I can get it just right it will stay on forever as long as i don't move it (or walk near it!)

any help guys??

Ron

RonH said:
For those of you that know their way around a monitor I'd like an idea where to check for a problem, I'm thinking it's just a cold solder joint, since if I can get it just right it will stay on forever as long as i don't move it (or walk near it!)

You're probably right, the only snag is finding it!. Common places are regulators or IC's mounted on heatsinks, transformer pins, anything which might be subjected to thermal expansion or high frequency vibration.

If you can get it faulty with the chassis out, you can fault find to trace it.

Nigel is right. It could be cold solder joint or loose plug (or dirty).
For example check the PCB or plug on the back of CRT. Just be carefull
not to get zapped. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back