Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to find alternatives to this non-existent capacitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant same and surely not the post bridge filter. It is noise generated while the diode trasnsits around 0.65V either in raising or trailing mode. ( forgot the name for this-- ringing noise or some such thing . t is surely double the mains frequency.
A momentary tart of conduction , i suppose makes up a small spike like.
During 60s attending transistorised radio receivers, working from in built power supplies,
the 100Hz hum was disturbing even on shotwave bands and once these parallel caps are placed across diodes, it just disappears.

Yes the diode bridge resonates when not conducting with high impedance diode capacitance and secondary inductance but low current.
I understand now that the current spike reaches the AM band so it is the harmonics of 100Hz impulse that sounds like hum in the AM band. But this doesn't help baseband ripple for a speaker amp.

I know the capacitors in question here are electrolytics, but if you ever wanted to find alternative part numbers for ceramic capacitors, you can use this website **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back