Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need to control a circuit with a cellphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

josi

hi! does anybody has ideas or documentations on controlling devices with cellphones? i want to use the keyboard to switch on and off a circuit. i would like to start with a simple circuit and only if i'm successfull then i'll make it complex. any idea is wellcome! thanx. PS: no physical connection between cellphone and circuit.

Any chance in sharing this file

☼☺☼coool☼☺☼ said:
helooo ... I already sent u the file on your email,, check it

Could you please share this file with me would love to be able to do that when on Holiday swich T.V. on and off. from mobile (Cellphone )

Peter

peter5355 said:
Could you please share this file with me would love to be able to do that when on Holiday swich T.V. on and off. from mobile (Cellphone )

Peter

Are you going to pay the monthly fees to leave a cell phone attached to your TV? Why would you want to control a TV anyway, for the neighbors?

blueroomelectronics said:
Are you going to pay the monthly fees to leave a cell phone attached to your TV? Why would you want to control a TV anyway, for the neighbors?
Probably to make it look like someone is home. I sometimes do this with timers on lights, but the damned modern TVs won't come on with a simple timer on the power cord. Some do have programmable timers built into them.

Roff said:
but the damned modern TVs won't come on with a simple timer on the power cord.

Any decent 'modern' TV should, older sets used an extra pair of contacts on the on/off switch to bring it out of standby when you turn it on with the switch, and would only come on in standby if you switched the mains to the set.

But decent quality sets haven't done that for years now, they store the status of the set in EEPROM, so the set is restored to it's last status when the mains reappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back