Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need the missing piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.paranoid

I have currently been studying electronics but I have a problem reading schematics. lol. Actually I get it in theory, I can for the most part understand but when it comes down to creating a project with a 555 or where to put anything I get all confused. I really like electronics alot so will somebody please give me the missing piece of my puzzle or show me where to find the answers. By the way I am trying to teach myself so there is nobody to ask. Please help and fast starting to get to frustrating

I have currently been studying electronics but I have a problem reading schematics. lol. Actually I get it in theory, I can for the most part understand but when it comes down to creating a project with a 555 or where to put anything I get all confused. I really like electronics alot so will somebody please give me the missing piece of my puzzle or show me where to find the answers. By the way I am trying to teach myself so there is nobody to ask. Please help and fast starting to get to frustrating

hi,
If you Google for online electronic tutorials there is a a lot of information that will help you.

For example:
**broken link removed**

The 555 Astable Circuit - Electronics in Meccano

Well i have been online for days and nights looking for my answer but the link to "Lessons in electric circuits" seems to be very benificial. So thank you for that, but it seems that I just have to try harder, so thank you friendo appreciate the gesture.

Last edited:
What seems to be confusing you most? Symbols? Parts placement? Nomenclature?

If you can describe the problem clearer, someone surely can help you.

Hi You looking at me:mad:

Sorry my attempt at a joke:D

Firstly I would say stick at it and don't be afraid to ask those simple questions. I too am quite new to electronics and if it were not for some members on this forum I would know a lot less.

For me it was all the components available and what each one was capable and how they fitted in to a circuit.What I would suggest is find a circuit you would find interesting and then build it. You already have the schematic to follow (from the net possibly) so it's just a matter of purchasing and then adding the rest of the components.

I also use a very simple circuit drawing programme called 'LIVEWIRE'
Questions - Livewire - Products - New Wave Concepts Limited

With this you get loads of demo circuits that you can build on the breadboard and also test run them within the prog.

Pick the circuit and then find the component Data sheets and understand what each of it's pins do.If you use livewire in simulation you can actually see the current flow of the circuit but it can be viewed in many modes, Logic gives you a good indication of how IC's run.

By building the circuits you are interested in I'm sure it won't be very long in gaining a good understanding.

But most of don't be scared to ask!! some very nice people on here!!:D

Cheers

Last edited:
well it seems i have found my answer. After visiting the link you gave me I spend all night trying to education myself and I found alot. lol. Now all i need is the practice but it does seem to make alot more sense now so thanks again for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back