Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need suggession for ECG Machine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a ECG Machine. Can I use this device to like an oscilloscope?

Its datasheet show its measure only 100 Hz signel...

Or how can it convert the LCD of the ECG machine to a Scope?

Attachments

• Scholar® III.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 239
I have a ECG Machine. Can I use this device to like an oscilloscope?
No.

Or how can it convert the LCD of the ECG machine to a Scope?
All the LCD operation is in hardware and software that is not going get you a near to a functional general purpose oscilloscope. You would save money and time to just go and buy digital scope.

Ken (Former Biomedical Engineering Tech)

A design with source code could easily make a scope, but without,, at best its a strip chart recorder for monitoring rectified line quality or battery PV performance

In the ancient days of room sized mass spectrometers (1960's), the galvanometers we used to record spectra were similar to the EKG machines of the day. That is, they spit out a long strip of paper showing intensity or voltage vs time. In a sense, they were slow oscilloscopes with a very wide X-axis (6 to 8 feet).

If you are looking for experiments to do, you might check out laboratory exercises using live muscle or nerve preparations. We used frogs for the donors. You could, for example, look at the signals from a bumble bee's flight muscles.

John

In early 70's we use 60's vintage oil seismic recorders with Reel tape 24 channel with same on optical 11" wide spools of photo paper and developed, fixed , rinsed paper to hang out to dry for backup. Texico donated it all to U of M Geology.

Once null tuning and calibrating galvo's in back of enclosed truck, I met a Big Brown bear enjoying the cooks leftovers at a construction camp near Kenora. My troubleshoot lamp and loud expletives scurried the bear away.

Fortunately he missed trampling the tent where by buddies were sleeping and pushed in the corner of a 3 ton construction sleeper trailer.

Stay tuned for ECG monitor story that attracted Babes like honey to bears.

Thanks for all the replys....

Can i use the LCD of the ECG Machine to make an oscilloscope ? Any circuits ?

Thanks.

Which part of my answer did you not understand about ucode source?

If you would like to clarify my previous statement, feel free to contribute.

A design with source code could easily make a scope, but without,, at best its a strip chart recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back